Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Brass Handle Center Punch to Brass Razor Handle

After seeing a post on The Shave Den, I decided that I could do that, too. Harbor Freight Tools has a brass handled center punch that they sell for $2.99. A guy on TSD removed the punch and springs, and tapped the handle with a 10-24 tap.
This is a picture taken from Harbor Freight Tools website.
I did not have the 10-24 tap, so while I was at HFT, I bought a 40 piece Tap and Die set for $15.99.

SAE Tap and Die Set, 40 pieces.

All parts removed.
 I had to drill out the hole to about 5/32 before the 10-32 tap would do its job. I was able to tap the end so that it would receive standard razor heads. Below, I have pictures of the Utopia razor head and the Gillette Old Type razor head. It also works with Gillette NEWs, EJ DE89, and others.


Utopia razor head.

Gillette Old Type razor head.

Gillette Old Type razor head.
Gillette NEW

Gillette NEW, middle section removed.
Travel handle.

Gillette NEW, Made in England

No comments:

Post a Comment