Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Jayaruh Brush #6


I cut out this blank at the same time as I did the #5 handle. It is a blank slate that I will start work on shortly. I am still thinking about the shape.





OK, I've decided to go round.


Next, I used the router, coarse sand paper, and finally fine sand paper to arrive at this shape. It really feels good in the hand. I may shorten the top by a quarter of an inch or so. I will let it sit for a while and think on it. I can take it off, but I can't put it back on.



I did a little more on the bottom edge rounding it. I went ahead and opened up the hole for the knot. I also decided to go ahead and put some pre-stain wood conditioner on the handle. It darkened it some. I am considering putting a decorative groove in the top. Still thinking about that.




April 22, 2015
the progression

First coat of polyurethane.

#6 and its brother #5 hung up to dry.

April 23, 2015

Dry fit of knot I scavenged from the Chalula handle.

April 24, 2015



May 12, 2015

I received the new High Mountain Badger knot from Whipped Dog yesterday, and today, I made the hole a little deeper and set it with epoxy.






No comments:

Post a Comment