Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Jayaruh #17 Omega Begins

I actually started this handle a couple of weeks ago and set it aside. It was based on the Omega Pro 98 brush. Today, I took the handle down and was working on it, shaping it, and I even made the hole in the top. I was wondering what knot I would get for it when it occurred to me that I could use the knot from my Omega Pro 98. Upon examination, I found that the top part just popped off of the handle. So, I decided to cut the top part off of my handle and just make the "handle part" and use the "top part" of the OP98.


So, this is my first two piece brush. I shaped the handle so it would mate with the top. I even made a groove and put an o-ring in it to hold the top on more securely. 

Here is the handle mated with the top. It is a good secure mating.


I generously stained the handle with golden oak stain and let it set.

 Here it is after the stain has dried and been rubbed out.

 Here it is after some spray polyurethane has been applied.

I branded the handle with the JR 17.




Update: September 13, 2015

Now for what I call Jayaruh #17b. I decided to take the handle of the Omega and merge it with the left over top of the original #17.





Jayaruh #17a and 17b

Jayaruh #17a and 17b
First lather with Razorock P.160.

Post bloom after first lather.
Jayaruh #17b with Gillette Black Beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment