Friday, January 15, 2016

First Shave with the AutoStrop Razor

For my first shave with the AutoStrop B1, I modified a GEM blade by removing the spine and clipping a couple of tabs so the blade would fit. I used my new JR#37 synthetic brush to face lather Proraso Green Shave Soap.

Set Up for First Shave

Loaded with GEM single edge blade


The gap/exposure of the blade's edge was a bit scary for me.


I decided to take the shave slow and easy. The correct angle was easy to find. The razor provided a nice audible feedback. My wife commented that it was a noisy shave. It was a bit tricky to get under my nose, but I managed to successfully reduce those whiskers. I noticed that I could feel the blade grabbers at the two corners, but I got over it.  I did two passes with no pressure and got a great shave with no nicks, cuts, weepers, and no abrasion. I am told that this version of the AutoStrop was the most aggressive and that each version afterwards got milder.


The gap made this razor worthy of no pressure and much respect. I got a wonderful shave in the end. I finished off with my alum block, witch hazel, and Aqua Velva after shave. 



No comments:

Post a Comment