Friday, March 4, 2016

Jayaruh #53 Begins


I started the #53 today. I am patterning it after the Rubberset 400 handle. After a lot of work, I have the basic shape. I need to work on details now and get the shape right. Then I will make the hole and proceed to finishing.






Update: March 5, 2016

I finished up shaping and sanding #53 and turned to #54 and #55. In the picture below, #53 is on the right. I started shaping #54 in the middle, and #55 is just round. So, you can see a progression.



#53 with the Maggard 34mm synthetic.

Sealed and stained with dark walnut.


March 6, 2016

I put the first coat of poly on the handle yesterday. These are glamour pictures with the Maggard synthetic knot. I will put one more coat of poly on it tomorrow and then set the knot.




Update: March 9

All done.




No comments:

Post a Comment